Surrogates is an upcoming science fiction film based on the 2005-2006 comic book series of the same name. The film is directed by Jonathan Mostow and stars Bruce Willis. Surrogates is scheduled to be released on September 25, 2009.
In the near future, humans live in isolation and only interact through robotic bodies that serve as surrogates. When several surrogates are murdered, a cop (Bruce Willis) investigates the crimes through his own surrogate. The investigation forces the cop to bring his human form out of isolation and unravel a conspiracy behind the crimes.
In March 2007, Disney acquired feature film rights to the 2005-2006 comic book series The Surrogates with the intent to distribute under Touchstone Pictures. The project was conceived by Max Handelman and Elizabeth Banks, and they enlisted producer Todd Lieberman to move it forward. Under Disney, Jonathan Mostow was attached to direct the film based on an adapted screenplay by Michael Ferris and John Brancato. The following November, Bruce Willis was cast to star in the lead role. Filming was scheduled to begin in February 2008 in Lynn, Massachusetts. It was delayed, beginning on April 29, 2008 in Lynn. Filming also took place in the Massachusetts cities Milford, Hopedale, Taunton, and Wayland. Brickyard VFX will do the visual effects work for Surrogates.
- Related Blogs on surrogates bruce willis trailer
- Surrogates (Bruce Willis) – Trailer | CISNKY
- Bruce Willis' Surrogates Trailer Finally Arrives! – Screen Rant
- Bruce Willis in Surrogates Trailer – more interesting than it …
- Willis' Surrogates trailer « GEEKSPLOIT ( Geek + sploit' ) : Where …
- Related Blogs on surrogates comic book movie
- Sci-Fi Monday Movie News: Transformers, Alien, Ghostbusters …
- Surrogates: The first movie trailer released
- Related Blogs on surrogates mostow